My thoughts on McCain's speech at the RNC:
• The first thing you have to notice is how much they all look alike. White, uptight and prosperous. What's with all the neckties? You know half those guys are going to end up in a hotel room tied to the bed with those neckties, getting flogged by a twink named Benny. The other half will be getting spanked by a domme named Betty.
• Early in the speech, the cameras caught a big banner that said "You Can't Win an Occupation," and later one that said, "McCain Votes Against Vets." Several times during the speech, protesters shouted something and the crowd started chanting "USA!" Without the chanting, I don't think people at home would've been aware there were protests.
• During one of the USA chants, McCain said, "Don't be diverted by the ground noise and the static." I'm not sure which one I am - ground noise or static.
• He said he wants to get rid of the "me first, country second crowd." I believe they're called Republicans.
• I found it ironic that he talked about how he wants to take away a woman's right to choose and then in the next breath he said he wants "a government that doesn't make choices for you." Make up your mind already.
• WTF were they thinking putting him in front of a green screen? It made him look orange and made me kind of queasy.
• When Palin joined him on stage after the speech, she got bigger cheers than he did. And she knew it.
• The Heart sisters, Ann and Nancy Wilson, are pissed off that the campaign's using their song "Barracuda" to promote Palin.
• McCain's a good man. He's just wrong about most things.